Explosive growth happens when you not only execute sound strategy, but also tap into and maximize your intuitive skills. Your intuition is that intangible strength that makes you try something because you feel like you “must”. It is the strength that gives you flashes of insight that leads to a new product or service idea or new market or a new way to meet the people who need you.
Because intuitive skills are hard to measure, the importance is often minimized and even not discussed very much in the business world. I know that when I follow my “gut” instinct, I am rarely wrong. I know that when I don’t listen to my intuition, I usually regret it.
When I coach business owners, I find that people are on different levels of the intuitive spectrum. Some people realize their intuitive skills and actually work to hone them even further. Others report that they don’t feel any kind of intuitive instincts at all. But we are getting intuitive hits all of the time. Your logical mind will often argue with your intuitive instincts, and your awareness will help you recognize when you are receiving intuitive information.
Lissa Rankin offers us this, “You don’t need fear to protect you because you have intuition, a much more potent, trustworthy, relaxation-inducing compass that can guide you impeccably to your true path.”
Here are five ways to strengthen your intuition to help you grow your business. (You can use these same ideas to grow your career as well).Get the pdf version of this article here.
- Strengthen your interactions with people. Pay attention to how you feel when you are interacting with people. You will often feel whether a person is trustworthy no matter what they are saying. Notice if you feel lifted up or shut down by the other person’s energy. Notice how people respond to you and adjust. If you sense that a person seems to pull away, is there an adjustment you can make? Notice when your person is ready to make a decision and don’t talk over them.
- Ask a question about your business to yourself or the Universe before you go to bed. You could ask, “Where is the best place to find my next new client?” Or “What changes can I make in my sales page to reach my ideal clients?” Or “What do my clients really want from me?” Or “How can I fund my next expansion?” Get creative. What are your key business questions? What do you really want to know? Write your question down, keep your notebook by your bed, get into bed and go to sleep. When you wake up the next morning, write down anything that comes to your mind. I have received outlines of books and new service ideas using this exact method.
- Practice listening to your body. Your body doesn’t lie to you. Notice what is going on when you get a headache, or your hands seem to tingle, or your heart leaps, or you suddenly feel tired or more awake. What is your body telling you? Write down notes. As you market your business, notice how your body feels. If you feel tense or sick or tired, check your marketing message (do you believe it?) and make adjustments.
- Practice following your intuition. If you suddenly want to turn left, try it. If you get an impulse to take a drive or go for a walk or call someone, do it. If you get an idea for an article, write it. If you suddenly think of a cool product name, write it down. If you get an idea for a new service, offer it. My own intuitive ideas appear suddenly (as if out of the blue), or in the morning when I wake up, or they seem to be thoughts that appear and don’t go away. If I realize that the same thought about a business idea keeps showing up for a few weeks or more, my intuition is reminding me to act on it. There is often a feeling of “rightness” around the idea. There can still be fear. So you can have a great intuitive idea and still have fear around implementing it. This is where you make the decision to feel the fear and do it anyway. The more you practice implementing intuitive ideas, the more you begin to trust your intuition, which then leads to even more intuitive ideas.
- Relax more. Intuition appears more often when you are relaxed. Get massages, meditate, practice deep breathing, listen to relaxing music, and take walks.
Strengthening your intuitive skills will help make business growth easier and more fun.Click to tweet
Intuition is your ally, your business partner, and your friend. Strengthening your intuitive skills will help make business growth easier and more fun. You leave behind that worry of missing something or that worry of having to process every possible bit of information that is out there. Set your intention that the right information is available to you on a timely basis. Set your intention that your intuition is always guiding you in the right direction. Set your intention that you will recognize intuitive guidance when it appears.
Have fun with these ideas. Business can and should be fun. You started your business because you were in love with your products and services and the idea that you can make a difference. You can make a bigger impact.
If you liked this article, you will love this the free pdf version for your resource library.
Business and Life Strategist known for inspiring massive action and being a catalyst for personal and business growth, joy, and profits in a way that is fun, relaxing, and fulfilling, Sheri Kaye Hoff inspires people to the do work they love and make money. She is a near-death survivor and experienced a miraculous healing. Learn more about Sheri