Day 7 of 12 Days of Christmas
Topic: How to Create a Vision Board
We are visual people. When you make your goals and dreams come alive with images, your mind loves it. When you “see” it, you tend to believe it. When you believe it, you achieve it. Using the time between Christmas and New Year’s Day to create a vision board, will help you start your new year with passion and excitement. I even created a class to help you. Check out this free vision board class. No opt-in required. Just click to listen.
Steps to creating a vision board.
- Planning. When you set your goals for your life, you will know what you want to include on your vision board. (Use this planning sheet to give you structure). You also will love this article on effective planning.
- Color. Put thought into the color of your poster board. Yellow/Gold, Red, and Green are great prosperity. White is also very clean and open. You can also research the meaning of colors to help you choose.
- Style. Though most people choose a poster board, you could create a digital board using Canva. You could also choose to use a bulletin board, a photo book, or a Pinterest secret board.
- Freedom. Your vision board is deeply personal. Make sure you choose images and words that are meaningful to you and important to you. You are free to dream your biggest dreams when you create your vision board.
- Your one word, What word is the essence of what you want to accomplish in 2019. For example, people have used words like trust, manifest, wealth, expansion, health, love, etc.
- Plan for what you really want
- Plan for all areas of your life
- Plan for the new habits you want.
- Pillars. A pillar is the main area of your life. You will want to include all of your pillars on your board.
- Gather supplies. When you are ready, gather your supplies. Your board, images (magazine, digital, photos, etc), glue, tape, scissors, markers, crayons, colored pencils and more?
- Just start. You don’t have to create your board in one sitting. You may want to have a vision board party and create yours with friends or colleagues. This is also a terrific family activity.
- Keep it private. Keep your board in a place where you will see it frequently. Your goals should be held close. If you are in a close group like a mastermind or other professional group, feel free to share your board in this environment. Let others see you achieve your goals.
Journal Prompt – What are my pillars?
- Personal Life: Your Money, Your Home, Your Hobbies, Etc.
Journal Prompt: What new habits do I want to instill this year?
You can increase your success this year with affirmations as well. Get 50 affirmations for prosperity and success in this article
Want a breakthrough this year?
Save $700 on a breakthrough intensive with me, Get it today for $297. Learn more.
What is the 12 Days of Christmas Event?
Happy 12 days of Christmas! It’s that time of year on my blog where I post every day for 12 days with inspiration, motivation, blessings, and strategies for you as you live each day of your amazing life and as you create your own unique path to success. Each day, I will also have a special offer, a freebie, or a quick audio.
Please join my free facebook group and comment on each day’s blog.
You can comment on the facebook group and/or the blog. Every time you comment or share the day’s blog on social media your name will go into a drawing for a $75 Amazon gift card (up to ten entries per person per day). The drawing will be held after the 12-day event is over on Dec 26. In order to keep track of social media shares, please post in the facebook group where and how many comments/shares you have each day.
Sheri Kaye Hoff
Coach, Trainer, and Author, Sheri Kaye Hoff. is a Business and Life Coach known for inspiring massive action and a catalyst for personal and business growth, joy, and profits in a way that is fun, relaxing, and fulfilling, Sheri inspires people to the do work they love and make more money. Sheri helps business owners and professionals to relax into success. She uses both spiritual and practical techniques to obliterate blocks and create dramatic change. She is a business, leadership, happiness, and inner game expert. She has overcome nearly dying, and the loss of her brother at an early age. She has made it her life mission to discover the keys to happiness and success and then share them with her clients and community.