Day 10 of 12 Days of Christmas
How to Stay Focused, Centered, and Grounded so…
You can enjoy your Holidays and truly be present in the moment.
You probably have a lot on your schedule over the next few days. Maybe you have a few last-minute presents to buy, food to cook, parties to attend, Christmas and Holiday celebrations, and regular tasks from everyday life like laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, exercising, and more. Even if you are uber organized you will have those last-minute unforeseen details that arise.
You most likely are in the midst of some kind of changes to your plans right now. Even a small change, can turn into a big deal if is that final straw. If you are feeling not quite as calm as you want to be or are even really stressed. You can take a few minutes to come back to your center and get grounded. What do I mean by being grounded? It is that feeling of being solid on your feet with clear and focused energy. From this place, you can be flexible, forgiving, generous, peaceful, and enjoy the moment.
“Every single second is an opportunity to change your life, because in any moment you can change the way you feel.” – Rhonda Byrne
Here are some methods to find your center and be grounded.
- The quickest and easiest way to feel grounded is to simply say, ‘I feel my feet on the ground.”
- Another thing you can do is put your hand over your heart and let it stay there for a minute.
- You can take slow, deep breaths.
- You can take a mindset approach, and ask, “What is the most important?” or “Is this important?”
- You can step into gratitude, say, “Thank you for inner peace right now in this moment.”
- Affirmations help, ” I am centered and grounded.” “My thinking is clear and focused.” “I am flexible.” “I am surrounded by love.” You can add more power to these by saying them and tap on tapping points.
- Acknowledge oneness, “I am one with this group. I am one with my loved ones. I am one with the people in line at the post office. I am connected.” You can even do it with an inanimate object. “I am one with the golf ball (my putting strategy).”
- Search inspiring quotes on google or twitter.
- Read something inspiring like a spiritual book or poems or short stories.
Pick your favorite or try them all.
You don’t need to stay tense or frustrated. When you start thinking that you don’t like how you are feeling, that is the turning point or pivot point. You have decided what you don’t want. Then use one of the strategies above to shift your energy so you can bring in how you want to feel.
If you enjoyed this, you will really appreciate this article on emotional intelligence during the holidays.
Sheri Kaye Hoff
Coach, Trainer, and Author, Sheri Kaye Hoff, is a Business Coach known for inspiring massive action and a catalyst for personal and business growth, joy, and profits in a way that is fun, relaxing, and fulfilling, Sheri inspires people to do the work they love and make more money. Sheri helps business owners and professionals to relax into success. She uses both spiritual and practical techniques to obliterate blocks and create dramatic change. She is a business, leadership, happiness, and inner game expert. She has overcome nearly dying, and the loss of her brother at an early age. She has made it her life mission to discover the keys to happiness and success and then share them with her clients and community. Learn More About Sheri