Day 6 of the 12 Days of Joy
Get Ready for a Brilliant and Fabulous New Decade
We are still a few weeks away from 2020, a new year and a new decade. You probably still have Christmas and the 2019 Holiday Season on your mind, but the new year is almost here and what a grand time to set intentions and visualize not only what you want to do in 2020 but you are starting a brand new decade, too. A fresh perspective is energizing.
How to Create a Vision Board
We are visual people. When you make your goals and dreams come alive with images, your mind loves it. When you “see” it, you tend to believe it. When you believe it, you achieve it. Using the time between Christmas and New Year’s Day to create a vision board, will help you start your new year with passion and excitement. You could even host a vision board party for your friends. Consider making a vision board for 2020 and one for the next ten years. Ten-year planning is valuable because it is so far out that you tend to think much bigger and let your imagination run wild.
Steps to creating a vision board.
- Planning. When you set your goals for your life, you will know what you want to include on your vision board. (Use this planning sheet to give you structure). You also will love this article on effective planning.
- Color. Put thought into the color of your poster board. Yellow/Gold, Red, and Green are great prosperity. White is also very clean and open. You can also research the meaning of colors to help you choose.
- Style. Though most people choose a poster board, you could create a digital board using Canva. You could also choose to use a bulletin board, a photo book, or a Pinterest secret board.
- Freedom. Your vision board is deeply personal. Make sure you choose images and words that are meaningful to you and important to you. You are free to dream your biggest dreams when you create your vision board.
- Your one word, What word is the essence of what you want to accomplish in 2020. For example, people have used words like trust, manifest, wealth, expansion, health, love, etc.
- Plan for what you really want
- Plan for all areas of your life
- Plan for the new habits you want.
- Pillars. A pillar is a main area of your life (work, biz, relationships, money, health, wellness, education, spirituality, etc). You will want to include all of the most important pillars on your board.
- Gather supplies. When you are ready, gather your supplies. Your board, images (magazine, digital, photos, etc), glue, tape, scissors, markers, crayons, colored pencils and more?
- Just start. You don’t have to create your board in one sitting. You may want to have a vision board party and create yours with friends or colleagues. This is also a terrific family activity.
- Keep it private. Keep your board in a place where you will see it frequently. Your goals should be held close. However, if you are in a close group like a mastermind or other professional group, feel free to share your board in this environment. Let others see you achieve your goals.
Journal Prompt – What are my pillars?
- Personal Life: Your Money, Your Home, Your Hobbies, Etc.
Journal Prompt: What new habits do I want to instill this year?
You can increase your success this year with affirmations as well.
Once you create your board, use affirmations for items on your board. Some people like to write them on their board, too.
Tips for successful affirmations:
Use I am…
Write in present tense like you have it now or past tense like you did it already.
Words like I love… I decided…I choose…I am in the process of…
Focus on the positive, for example, if you want to be out of debt. Say instead- paid in full with extra money in the bank.
I am in the process of becoming fit and healthy
I am fit and healthy.
I am a multi 7 figure business owner.
I am surrounded by love and support.
I choose joy every day. I choose peace.
I am love.
I am confident and courageous.
I am worthy and capable of…(fill in the blank)
I am in my soulmate relationship.
I am an author (if you want to write a book)
I am holding my book in my hands right now.
I am a world traveler.
I booked my vacation to Fiji
I am a skydiver
I am a scuba diver.
I am the proud owner of….(fill in the blank)
(you get the idea)
Want a breakthrough this year?
Save $600 on a breakthrough intensive with me, Get it today for $597. Learn more.
Don’t miss my annual- Free Ring in the New Year for Your Highest Vision webinar on Dec 30 at 9 am Pacific/Noon Eastern- no need to opt in. Click to add this event to your calendar
Sheri Kaye Hoff
Coach, Trainer, and Author, Sheri Kaye Hoff, is a Business Coach known for inspiring massive action and a catalyst for personal and business growth, joy, and profits in a way that is fun, relaxing, and fulfilling, Sheri inspires people to do the work they love and make more money. Sheri helps business owners and professionals to relax into success. She uses both spiritual and practical techniques to obliterate blocks and create dramatic change. She is a business, leadership, happiness, and inner game expert. She has overcome nearly dying, and the loss of her brother at an early age. She has made it her life mission to discover the keys to happiness and success and then share them with her clients and community. Learn More About Sheri