Would you love to make this your best year ever?
What would a remarkable year look like for you? (Journal Prompt)
Start with some goals that make you truly uncomfortable. If you are too comfy, you are not growing. Get uncomfortable. Set goals for each important area of your life and make sure that they are your own goals- not what someone else thinks you should do. Think about what you would love to accomplish instead of what you think is reasonable. Reasonable is a story. What one person thinks is reasonable and realistic isn’t to another person. So since it is all subjective, why not go big. Think big.
When you set big goals, you might fall short, but you will accomplish so much more than if you set tiny goals that are uber-easy to achieve.Click to tweet
Follow these practices to create the year you want.
- Review your vision board/goals daily. Keep your vision board in a place where you will see it. (the bathroom, your office, etc). Study it for a minute or two each day. You can even take a picture of it and use it as wallpaper on your phone. Every time you look at your phone, you will see your vision board.
- Move your body. (Any physical movement will help clear your thoughts, keep you happier, and more motivated).
- Pick one tool to keep you motivated. Just one. You could choose many, but decide on one thing that you will use when you are procrastinating or losing momentum. You might choose a song, a meditation, a book, writing in your journal, an app, running up and down stairs or something else.
- Practice self-love, live in joy. Be gentle. See the good in the world. Find something to appreciate each day. Live in the present. Every time you worry about the future, pull your attention to the present moment.
- Practice the Pause. The Pause means you are always at choice. When you Pause before reacting, you have the moment of choosing your response or your action.
- Celebrate your accomplishments even the small ones.
- Release mistakes. Quickly let go of missteps. Everyone makes mistakes, lingering over them and punishing yourself over them keeps you from moving forward.
- Interrupt your schedule- get uncomfortable. Shake things up. What can you do differently right now? Change your environment.
- Track your effort. This is even more important than tracking your results. You can control your effort. If your goal is to write. Track the time you spend writing. If your goal is to get in shape, track the minutes you workout. If your goal is to increase your wealth, track the money you set aside.
- Create world-class habits. Anyone can create the world-class habits. You can incorporate the same world-class habits of anyone you admire. Those world-class habits will eventually take you wherever you want to go. Some examples of world-class habits are getting up early, keeping a clutter-free environment, being on time, daily exercise, using a morning success ritual, showing appreciation, reading more, watching less television, and so on. You can see it is really the simple things. But very few people do these simple things. You can be extraordinary and remarkable by just practicing simple, daily habits.
- Create a world-class mindset. This is a mindset of thinking big, positive self-belief, resilience, grit, choosing to see best in people and the best in situations, staying upbeat, helping other people, being generous, and getting up after disappointments.
- Expand, let your light shine, trust the process, and love more.
When you set your goals, look at them again and ask, “How can I expand this?” Expansion is part of a world-class mindset.
Be the light. Shine from within, don’t depend on other people to see your light or be your light.
Trust the process. Trust yourself. Trust God. Set your goals, take inspired action, and then let go and trust. When you worry, gently bring yourself back to trust.
“Love is the beauty of the soul.” St. Augustine.
When you ask what should I be doing?, the best answer is always… Love more. Love others, love yourself. The more unconditional love you allow, bring in, and give, the better you feel. The better you feel, the better your results.
“Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” 1 Corinthians, 13: 7-8
Wishing you love, peace, vibrant health, and abundance this year.
Sheri Kaye Hoff
Coach, Trainer, and Author, Sheri Kaye Hoff, is a Business Coach known for inspiring massive action and a catalyst for personal and business growth, joy, and profits in a way that is fun, relaxing, and fulfilling, Sheri inspires people to do the work they love and make more money. Sheri helps business owners and professionals to relax into success. She uses both spiritual and practical techniques to obliterate blocks and create dramatic change. She is a business, leadership, happiness, and inner game expert. She has overcome nearly dying, and the loss of her brother at an early age. She has made it her life mission to discover the keys to happiness and success and then share them with her clients and community. Learn More About Sheri